[Education & Empolyment]
- Jun 2014 ~ Present: Post-doctoral researcher, Personal Robotics Lab., Imperial College London, London, UK.
- Jun 2013 ~ May 2014: Post-doctoral researcher, Imperial Computer Vision and Learning Lab., Imperial College London, London, UK.
- Mar 2006 ~ Feb 2013: Ph.D in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea.
- Mar 2001 ~ Feb 2006: B.S. in School of Electrical Engineering, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea.
- Mar 1998 ~ Feb 2001: Taejeon Science High School, Daejeon, Korea.
[Research Project Experience]
- Oct 2016 ~ Present: Gaze Following in Multi-cue Deep Neural Networks (funded by Samsung Global Research Outreach (GRO)).
- Oct 2016 ~ Present: Human Action Recognition via Deep Convolutional Network (funded by Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.).
- June 2014 ~ Dec 2016: What You Say Is What You Did (funding from the European Union Seventh Framework Programme FP7-ICT-612139).
- June 2013 ~ May 2014: Hand Posture Recognition in Arbitrary View from Single RGBD Frame (sponsored by Samsung Advanced Institute of Technology).
- May 2011 ~ Nov 2011: Mobile Object Recognition for Information Sharing Service (sponsored by Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.).
- Mar 2008 ~ Oct 2010: Intelligent Visual Surveillance System (sponsored by Samsung Techwin Co., Ltd.).
- Aug 2007 ~ Feb 2008: Semiconductor Manufacturing Fault Detection System (sponsored by the Small and Medium Business Administration and Nanotek Company.).
- Jan 2006 ~ Aug 2006: Optical Image Stabilizer (OIS) for Mobile Device Camera (Sponsored by Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.).
- Jul 2003 ~ Aug 2003: R&D Intern at Hynix semiconductor Co.,Ltd..
- Samsung Global Research Outreach (GRO), Co-PI [$100K], “Gaze Following in Multi-Cue Deep Neural Networks” 2016 The GRO program is Samsung’s prestige academic research collaboration platform. The annual call for proposals is open to the world’s leading universities and is highly competitive. 2016.
- Samsung Electronics Co.,Ltd., Participated in writing a proposal [£65K], “Human Action Recognition via Deep Convolutional Network” 2016.
- Young Researchers Travel Grant [$600] from Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR 2016)
[Awards and Honours]
- June 2013 – CVPR Workshop on Mobile Vision Best Paper Award
- June 2012 – CVPR Doctoral Consortium
- May 2012 – SNU BK21 Information Technology Excellent Research Award.
- April 2011 – ICS2011 Best Paper Award
- April 2006 – ICS2006 Best Paper Award
- Oct 2004 – Bronze Medal in Electrical Fair of SNU.
- IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (TPAMI)
- IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology (TCSVT)
- IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics (TIE)
- IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology (TCST)
- IEEE Sensors Journal
- Machine Vision Applications (MVA)
- Pattern Recognition
- BMVC 2017, IROS 2016-2017, ICRA 2016-2017, ICPR 2012, IVCNZ 2012
[Professional Activities and Talks]
- Technical program committee of IEEE CVPR 2016 Workshop on observing and understanding hands in action (HANDS 2016), Las Vegas, USA
- Talk @ EEE postdoc research symposium, Imperial College London 2017
- Invited talk @ Hamlyn Centre, Imperial College London 2016
- Invited talk @ Samsung Electronics Software Center 2016
- Invited talk @ Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute (ETRI) 2016
- Invited speaker of the 1st ARRC Colloquium, KAIST 2016
- Invited talk @ Seoul National University, December 2015
- Invited talk @ Hanyang University, December 2015
- Invited talk @ Dankook University, December 2015
- Invited talk @ VTOUCH Inc., December 2015
- Invited speaker of Computer Science Workshop @ Loughborough University, July 2015